Welcome to the website of the European Conference on Health Communication (ECHC), that will take place on 4 and 5 November 2021 online.
The theme of the conference is “Health communication dynamics in turbulent times”. The conference will provide a platform for scientists to discuss the role of communication about health and health-related issues in the context of rapidly changing media environments and technological developments, as well as in the context of current public health crises. As always, the ECHC also welcomes high-quality contributions that cover health-communication topics beyond the conference theme.
Registration for the conference is now open. Please register here.
We are happy to announce our two keynote speakers:
- dr. Wyke Stommel – Associate Professor Language and Communication at Radboud University Nijmegen, the Netherlands
- Koen Wauters – Science journalist at VRT, the national public-service broadcaster for the Flemish Community of Belgium
The Call for Abstracts can be read here. Submission is closed and authors have been informed about acceptance/rejection of their abstract(s) in September, 2021.
- Hanneke Hendriks (University of Amsterdam)
- Gudrun Reijnierse (Radboud University Nijmegen)
- Gert-Jan de Bruijn (University of Amsterdam)
- Enny Das (Radboud University Nijmegen)
- Heidi Vandebosch (University of Antwerp)
- Hans Vehof (HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht)
- Julia van Weert (University of Amsterdam)
We would like to thank our sponsors: